Public Forums | News | NPR.org: First Listen - News Discussion

Crajibs

Yes! A way to start listening to our favourites on repeat, when we don't have the time to listen to the entire listening party. ^ ^

inaki

One word. Epic.

robinbond

This is great. So much better to be able to hear it uninterrupted 

jlove1984

Jaquaida Kinney
Tampa, Florida, US

I just shared this on my face book.

mikikatie

Michael Jones
Austin, TX, US

Awesome review.  NPR actually seems to get it.

hklundquist

Heather Lundquist
Frisco, CO, US

NPR has always been so supportive of the guys. I love it. ♡♡♡

Natalie1861

I thought it would play on repeat until the 8th. is that not so? 

HNSN4ever82

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!

HNSN4ever82

AND EPIC!!

musicalrider83

Now I can finally share this with my friends! Already blasting this link through Facebook!

fansonMania

Natalia Vargas
Santiago, Metropolitana, CL

Hanson was, is and will be a real band, his fans know it very well. Hanson has never been a boy band, they are really talented and professional.

EnchantedKnitwit

Laura Thorp
Owings Mills, Maryland, US

Okay so not to be nitpicky, BUT.....did it bother anyone else when the guy writing the article that went with it said that they "got Mmmbop out of the way early, as if trying to check off a box and cast it aside?" It bothered me b/c he got so much else right, hit the nail on the head and truly understood the significance of what this project means to Hanson and all of us in the fanbase--but clearly missed the approximately one thousand four hundred forty times that the guys said it was a story about a character (hence Mmmbop being early b/c it's in the "Optimism" part of the beginning).  I think it wouldn't have bothered me so much if this was someone who just didn't get it--but he's done his research....so how could he have missed such a pivotal fact?

kelthefanson

Love it!! :)

JenmB

This Album is beautiful!

robinbond

Laura, I sent the author of the article three tweets explaining things. I suppose, in fairness, only major Hanson fans probably know what this is all about -- what the essence of the story is. I didn't identify an optimism part as such... but I did see it as setting a time and place for taking an idea forward. It's maybe a small thing, but it gets to me how all these articles say 25 years as if anyone outside of Tulsa even knew Hanson until 1997.

EnchantedKnitwit

Laura Thorp
Owings Mills, Maryland, US

Robin, I agree!  I've only known about them since 97 like the rest of the world.  And I sent NPR an email explaining the story thing.....I mean, I didn't really understand that until they explained it either, to be fair (like until after I went to the concert even)--but they have said "we are telling a story about reaching for a dream" in almost every interview.  I do feel like I understand it more and more with each interview and the more I hear them explain it in their own feelings (and listening/imagining it more).  So maybe it's just cause I'm a diehard, lol.

<< < 1 > >>