Public Forums | Help | Member CD to Mp3

lovebooks

Hey to everyone in Hanson land!

I thought I'd make a suggestion and ask if the members ep could be sent via mp3 form instead? I do not own a computer and so I just use my phone for everything and it would make life a lot easier if I stopped hassling everyone at work because the work computers are old too and difficult. Sorry just wondering if anyone has an opinion? 

lilzacbop

Katie Wanta
Orange, CT, US

There has been talk about making them available digitally.

lovebooks

That would be excellent. Everything I listen to is on my phone anyway, even if that sent the cd and had a one time code to download the digital version so it wouldn't get pirated. Im sure they could come up with a solution. Thanks. 

Your_Illusi0n

Keri Mase
Springdale, AR, US

I prefer having a physical album, but I know most computers/cars these days don't have CD players. I'm hoping they keep CDs and then include a digital download like they do with some CD bundles here on hnet.

EnchantedKnitwit

Laura Thorp
Owings Mills, Maryland, US

I agree, Keri, I like physical CDs (still have my CD player/cassette/radio boombox from when I was 16 going strong! it's 21 years old lol).....but it's nice to have the digital versions as well as a backup or to have on the phone for more portability.  I think the option to have either/or (or get both like the String Theory packages had! best of both worlds) is the best idea.

melzwah

CD's are great for collecting and I like being able to have the sleeve (I like reading the insides! hahaha) and the CD.

It would be cool if in addition to the physical CD you would also be able to digitally download the EP.

It's great that a digital version is being considered. 

bigballofyarn

I hope we never get rid of the physical EPs. I have a very huge Hanson record collection. I never want there to be forced, digital only decision.  If both options are available, that's fine though.

LynsiMartin

Lynsi Martin
Essington, PA, US

I’m 100% team CD. I wouldn’t mind if they wanted to add the digital option but I’m praying they never get rid of the physical EP side of the members kit. 

tayzbeth

We only play physical music media and we don't do downloads. 

I hope that CDs never go away.

musicalrider83

I hope we never get rid of the physical EPs. I have a very huge Hanson record collection. I never want there to be forced, digital only decision.  If both options are available, that's fine though. 

same.

lovebooks

Ok so obviously I've sparked up a controversy. I never meant to get rid of the cd's , but my meaning is to give everyone a choice or both due to the digital age we are in now. 

asphodelia

Paola Rizzato
Heysham, Lancashire, GB

@lovebooks - they could do something like giving an instant download as well as the EP. Most bands, when you order their album directly from their websites, offer you an immediate download.

lovebooks

I'm just saying I wish they would. 

EnchantedKnitwit

Laura Thorp
Owings Mills, Maryland, US

@lovebooks don't worry about "sparking up a controversy"--sometimes it just happens anyway. Just do you. :) And apparently Zac did at SOTB at HDay when he asked (I heard it was like 50/50).  But I agree, having the option to get either, or maybe for a dollar or two more, BOTH if desired, would be great. 

I don't even have room for music on my phone cause I have an ancient phone with too little storage, and I take too many pictures.  BUT, I love love LOVE that when I bought one of the ST packages I got both the physical CD and the digital download of it.  So technically I could take ST with me everywhere to play it for people if I got rid of some junk. Lol. :)

tayzbeth

I think that there is interest in both options and it seems more likely that downloads will become available for the members eps. Maybe as Laura said, for a dollar more or an either/or option they will go that way. They can't keep the EP from being shared around anymore.

<< < 1 > >>