Public Forums | Tour | I am PUMPED for wintry mix

JJJuliet

Lauren Leary
Wilmington, DE, US

like...super pumped. Just got the word that me papa is going to come!!

He hasn't seen them since 1997 and i jumped on his  feet  for the entire show...i've since learned that i'm just not a jumper lmao

who will i see at the Silver Spring, MD show?

EnchantedKnitwit

Laura Thorp
Owings Mills, Maryland, US

Meeee!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's so exciting that your dad is going with you too!  One of my friends from HS who came with me to see them on the Albertane Tour may be there & re-unite with me so I'm excited about that idea (and made a post about it a while back).  I cannot wait and hope the weather is good. :)

DChansonfan

Lindsay Augustine
Washington, DC, US

I'll be there too! One of these times I'm actually going to say hi to all the familiar faces I see on here :)

camisa

This will be both of my kids first shows!  I'm pumped because I thought they'd never want to come.  Suddenly last summer my youngest became a fan and now my oldest is afraid of being left out.  I have two boys 6 and 11.  

JJJuliet

Lauren Leary
Wilmington, DE, US

@enchantedknitwit- you're like a visa card..everywhere I want (am going) to  be hahahahahaha the only thing that would make this even better is if my little brother came too.

JJJuliet

Lauren Leary
Wilmington, DE, US

@ugggh I hate doing things on my "smart" phone. ANYWAY,  lol  back in 2005 I took him outta school early so he could come wait in line with me..he hated the show though  lol it gave him a headache hahahahahaha I hope your hs chum comes too! Is she someone you've since lost contact with,  like..is she still into hanson? I bumped into my BFF from the FOURTH grade on facebook, who was equally as into hanson as much as I was...but. she hasn't listened to them since. She got into the rap scene and gave up

EnchantedKnitwit

Laura Thorp

Hahaha yes! We were both at the State Fair show, and while I did a fairly good job of saying hi to many people I'd talked to here or FB beforehand I did not get to meet everyone.  Maybe we will meet at the Fillmore. :) 

I did actually lose contact with my HS IRL--the last time we saw one another was her graduation in 2001 and we have remained FB friends....just haven't seen one another in person.  I know she still loves Hanson (Esp the Christmas music! So I encouraged her to come to Wintry Mix so we can catch up!!), maybe more than she wants to admit, but maybe not as obsessively as I have  become again since String Theory (lol).  And I don't know if she's been to a concert of theirs since Albertane (not for lack of wanting to, just life if she hasn't). So, I'm hoping.  And I keep hoping when I share Hanson concert ads on my FB it nudges her over the edge. Lol.

BeckyCousCous

I will be at the Silver Spring show too! I don't interact with many people on H-net, but would love to make some new contacts for shows :-)

jasmine84

Jennifer McWilliams
Oakville, ON, CA

I am so excited for the start of a new era :) I am still bummed I missed Underneath Acoustic, and I looooved the "Use Your Sole" pre SIO tour in 2009!

mimiliss102685

Ill be at the MD show with my mom!

JJJuliet

Lauren Leary
Wilmington, DE, US

@EnchantedKnitWit - i added you on fb cause ...well...just because hahah. you didn't make it a POINT to find the girl with the pennywise red hair hahah (i know the later one is more orange but the OG?  That sheet is redddddd,,,redrum? Creepy im sorry lmao.

@mimiliss102685 - has  she ever seen them before? My Dad went to see Matchbox 20 with my older sister and the Albertane tour with me..I am absolutely going to love every minute of it. Hell scream out 'oooohh zaaaacc!!' and make fun of taylor for bouncing his leg playing the keyboard...(do you all remember that??) haha

EnchantedKnitwit

Laura Thorp

Lauren, don't be sorry! I was like "hey I know her--it's JJJuliet!" lol.  Not creepy. :)

And I def remember Taylor and the leg bouncing....he still does it every time.  Just like the way Zac bops his head when he plays the shakers during MMMBop. (Can't think of what Isaac's "thing" like that is cause I know he's got one too.....) Hahaha.

LinziGenavieve

Camisa, it will be two of my girls first shows too! One, the concert is on her 10th birthday. She asked if her sister could come so now they're both really stoked. It's been fun with them so involved. They've been trying to guess what the play list might be! We'll be at the Vegas show.

LD12

Lauren Davidson
Fort Worth, Tx, US

I'm excited as well, I'm dragging My husband along and He's not super thrilled about it(because of Christmas music, My Mother in law ruined Christmas for him by making him have to get down all of the Christmas decorations as a kid, hes the oldest of 4) but said that He will attend it with me! I haven't been to a Hanson concert since 2013.

JJJuliet

Lauren Leary
Wilmington, DE, US

Laura - does he really?! I haven't seen that move since like...98-99 lol but i would loooooove to see him break it out for the wintry mix..pretty sure it would make the rest of my dad's life. ive been trying to get him to come with me all summer long. and this one took no convincing ....which actually gives me something to contemplate as he said to me over the summer

"Laur. I promise ill go to see Hanson with you before I die," we both laughed but now i wonder lol

oh! and idk if it was just the wilmington show or what. but when i watched the footage back, zac is doing something odd with his mouth, like grinding his teeth or chewing gum..idk it was... weird lol 

@LD12- since 2003?! wow thats super unfortunate...but awesome that you get to come to this one.,..also that you're bringing your husband..you never know, he might turn into a fanson his self! I know my husband (common law...weve been together 10 years,lol ) wasn't real crazy about coming with me to every show ive been to over the last 10 years, but he's gradually turned into a fanson. has stuck up for then multiple times saying 'you know...they arent all THAT bad' lol

EnchantedKnitwit

Laura Thorp

Lol!

Can't wait to see everyone there! :)

DontWaitForTomorrow

I wasn't planning on going, but now it looks like I will be going. I'll probably be all the way in the back though since the people I'm going with aren't Hnet members and we won't be getting there super early. Since I'm short, I guess I won't see a thing, but I'll hear the show at least.

EnchantedKnitwit

Laura Thorp

Yay, Tia, that's awesome! I was hoping you'd come.  I have no idea if I'll be in the back (which is likely lol) or whatever will happen but I cannot wait.  :)

DontWaitForTomorrow

Hey Laura! Yeah, we’ll just have to go with the flow and see what happens! :)

camisa

Linzi - I hope you and your girls have a great time!  My older son is like a teenager doesn't act excited for anything.  My youngest is telling everyone he's going to see Hanson.  I'll be at the Silver Spring show.

The back is not bad at the Filmore in Silver Spring I went to the SIO premier show there in '13.  I was 6 months pregnant, I am 5'3" and I could see in the back.  The floor is slanted.

DontWaitForTomorrow

^That’s good to know about the slanted flooring. I did look into the Premium Seating option in the balcony, but it’s over $100 per ticket.

camisa

I did premium seating, because I'm taking my 6 year old and he loves Hanson.  I can't make him camp out and he wouldn't be very disappointed if he can't see.  Normally I'm a fairly low budget person, but when it comes to my kid liking my favorite band everything changes.

<< < 1 > >>