Public Forums | Tour | Pittsburgh show

kwalk723

Anyone else going? I purchased presale tickets in the balcony, but was wondering if the general admission section has actual seats or is standing room only (typical for GA, although I've been to some shows--not at this venue-- where there are seats). I checked a few different places and was confused - venue does not accept calls. Wondering about others' experience. 

TheWanderer

Kaitlin Walbright
Columbus, OH, US

GA is standing room only

ive been in contact with them about ada

amandafelts87

Amanda Felts
Jeffersonville, Indiana, US

I will be going! I purchased a GA ticket. I’m driving from Indiana and with it being in December, I’m wondering if it’s going to be too cold to wait in line all day. I’m kinda nervous about that, but I really want to get close to the stage. 

TheWanderer

Kaitlin Walbright
Columbus, OH, US

peaople are for sure planning on camping. hope they're careful

jaydee84

I have a balcony seat also. I didn't want to have to wait in a line all night to get a good spot in GA. Lol

kwalk723

Thanks, guys! Same here, Jaydee. I will be 7 months pregnant so figured I better get an actual seat lol. 

Fiction514

Going with a friend and we have ga. I plan to camp out for sure! 

TheWanderer

Kaitlin Walbright
Columbus, OH, US

if you plan on camping, please bring tons of blankets. its freezing that time of year in pitt. especially overnight

Fiction514

Will do! This'll be my first time camping out but I have at least 1 other friend camping out with me and she's a veteran when it comes to camping out! 

TheWanderer

Kaitlin Walbright
Columbus, OH, US

if either of you are local, it probably wouldnt be a bad idea to go check out the building. see if theres any outside outlets for small space heaters or anything

aclose84

I've heard really good things about seeing shows at the Roxian, but McKees Rocks is not an area I would feel particularly comfortable sleeping outside in. The crime rates are 2 to 3 times that the national average (depending on the violation), and higher than the worst neighborhoods inside the city proper. Stay safe and warm, everyone!

acreasy1

I'm going and am so excited- my first Hanson concert!!  Eeeee!!  <3 

amandafelts87

Amanda Felts

Would anyone mind if I camped out with them??? I’m going by myself and driving from Indiana. I don’t mind waiting out in the cold, just not by myself. Lol Plus how many blankets should I bring?? And what time should I arrive? I have GA and out of all the 27+ years of being a fan, I’ve never had a front row experience.  Help a girl out please! Lol 

TheWanderer

Kaitlin Walbright
Columbus, OH, US

@amanda:
i know people planning on being there the evening before

betsyluvszac

i will be there, not camping but def going to stand in line pretty much all day- wont be the first time in the cold :p i got GA so im hoping for at least the first few rows. im so excited!!

amandafelts87

Amanda Felts

Oh wow I really didn’t think waiting in line the night before was even allowed. Would I need to bring a tent?? I’m all new to this whole waiting in line the night before a show kinda thing! Lol 

kwalk723

I've never waited in line either, except when they came to Monroeville mall back in '00 and it was worth every second. Like you said Amanda, it might be better to wait with someone-- otherwise, what happens when you have to pee?!  So many questions, but hopefully everyone has an enjoyable experience. 

And good idea about scoping out the venue. I'm not familiar with the Roxian, but know enough about mcKees rocks area to say getting there early would not be a bad idea. How are we already 1.5 months out?! 

TheWanderer

Kaitlin Walbright
Columbus, OH, US

i think this is the first time in a LONG while they've done a GA venue in pitt. im judging the camp out stuff by what happens in other cities.

im not camping, but i know people that are

Fiction514

@amandafelts87 your welcome to stay with us! 

amandafelts87

Amanda Felts

@Fiction514 That’s so sweet of you! I will definitely consider your invite! When will you be arriving? Unfortunately I can only leave whenever my husband comes home at like 2 or 3am, then I will have a 6 hour drive to make. 

Fiction514

Amanda I tried to send you a pm message.

<< < 1 > >>