Public Forums | Tour | 1st Show Questions!

TiffanyBernard

How far in advance do you wait at the doors before they open? For the NOLA show, doors open at 6, our condo has early check-n at 2...I'm just thinking that isn't enough time to check in, get ready, and have a good spot in line? My friend is coming with but she isn't a member, however I did purchase her ticket. Will we get to sit/stand together? I'm so nervous! I'm considering booking a day early to the condo to make sure I have time for everything. Halp meh.

Padackles

people still camp out for GA shows, even in December so it really just depends on where you want to be in the crowd. If you don't care where you are in the crowd checking in at 2 for 6pm doors should be plenty of time. There hasn't been any confirmation on if there will be a members line for these Wintery Mix shows but I'd go out on a line and say there will be. So if your friend isn't a member then you'll have to make a choice of either having them sign up, or you standing in the normal line. The people in the members line HAVE to have an active membership to be in the line, no +1's or anything like that. 

Padackles

limb* not line.

TiffanyBernard

Thank you! I'm probably going to end up paying for her membership (she's a single mom, low income) bc I would def not have as much fun if we weren't sitting together. 

jlove1984

Jaquaida Kinney
Tampa, Florida, US

If its a gerenal admission there are not seats! You are standing up! :

jasmine84

Jennifer McWilliams
Oakville, ON, CA

I would decide now, with your friend, how long you are willing to wait in December cold to get in. And then just do that. There will be people in front of you, and lots behind you. If you both want to be as close as possible and they do a members line, I'd get her a membership. In 2017 I got to a show an hour before doors and was second row. It was glorious!! In fact this is a good reminder to renew my husband's membership if there's a member line ;) 

Have fun! 

TiffanyBernard

Ok yea it is gen admission...still trying to convince her she needs to be a member too! And it's nola, in december...as a life-long Louisiana native, it rarely gets so cold we can't deal haha. But the french quarter is not a place I would camp out overnight and sleep ;) Thank Y'all so much! you guys are so nice <3

IvyDarling

Ivory Walker
Toledo, OH, US

Will they announce in advance if there will be members only line or will one only find out at check in?

Padackles

It was stated in another thread they'd let us know which shows may have a members line closer to the tour starting.

jlove1984

Jaquaida Kinney
Tampa, Florida, US

At the concert in st pete in 2017 I just went ahead and bought my brother a membership. It was so worth it. We got to get our early before everyone and even merchandise. He just let his membership expire. We got there 2 hours before the doors open.

jlove1984

Jaquaida Kinney
Tampa, Florida, US

We ended up being in 3rd row. I could have been in front row but I didn't wanna be smashed because Im disabled.

IvyDarling

Ivory Walker
Toledo, OH, US

Okie doke thanks Padackles!

taysbear

Carrie Nairn
Hagerstown , Maryland , US

I’ve been doing ga since 2005 and you just have to be willing to wait in line . Sometimes I was close sometimes not . I don’t want to get into a front row fight here . I’m doing ga for silver spring and I’m getting nervous . I hope it works out . If you want to camp, esp  for wintry mix in dec ,  dress appropriate. On the r and R tour I forgot a rain coat and winter coat as you need both in October . 

Also be prepared for any weather or snow . This happened to me last year at the Williamsburg show and it got cut short . 

mikikatie

Michael Jones
Austin, TX, US

Totally depends if you care about getting close to the stage.  I never get to the venue before doors open.

Shiloh21

when they did the members only line in 2017 I just went ahead and bought my husband a membership so he could get in when I did. Also, to be honest I have seen people camp and I have seen people show up when doors open and BOTH standing near the stage. I honestly don't think a time to show up truly matters as much as people think. lol I always show up around 1ish maybe earlier. But being in December I don't know that I will show up too early since I will have a kid with me. We will play by ear more than likely since in Atl December can be hot or cold depending on the day. haha! Hope you have fun at your show!! 

jlove1984

Jaquaida Kinney
Tampa, Florida, US

I wouldn't be camping out in the winter. I don't care how bad I love hanson, my health and safety comes first. Hanson wouldn't care if I get stick and they wouldn't care if I cant walk.

NLovell

Just an FYI the line to get into the Fillmore is inside so you don’t have to worry about waiting in line outside in December. Saw shinedown there in May. 

EnchantedKnitwit

Laura Thorp
Owings Mills, Maryland, US

@NLovell which Fillmore? I'm going to the one in MD but there's more than one show at a Fillmore on this tour (and they may not all operate the same way, I'm guessing. Though I could be wrong). I got all excited then I realized that I should ask that lol. :)

kelsrose2022

I have never waited longer than a couple of hours. I just can't do it!

<< < 1 > >>