Public Forums | Tour | Tour Mentality

robinbond

I have said something about this before... the endless request for touring resulting in Hanson never being able to (allowed to?) record new music. No sooner had one tour finished than the next was being asked for. Middle Of Everywhere was followed straight afterwards by Finally Its Christmas etc. Also, no sooner had the Finally Its Christmas Tour finished, than people wanted Christmas songs at Back To The Island. Fine. Its a select set. Maybe I'm being harsh by bringing it up. 

Now -- Hanson have said in May that they are recording two studio albums in the second half of the year, and doing a US tour to showcase upcoming music for Against The World.  So unless they didn't know about this much publicised news, why are fans asking and pleading for the tour at the end of the year to be a Christmas music tour? That's the point of the (sometimes) Christmas livestream... which last year took the form of the Snow Globe Sessions.

Of course, historically, a few fans have said "I hope Hanson does this" and all plans are abandoned to accommodate, so now we have to wonder if there'll be a studio album at all next year. (don't jump down my throat - I'm being slightly facaetious (possibly the only word in the English language I have no idea how to spell).

eek_a_mouse

"Of course, historically, a few fans have said "I hope Hanson does this" and all plans are abandoned to accommodate, so now we have to wonder if there'll be a studio album at all next year."

Could you site your work here, Robyn?  I can't for the life of me come up with a situation where where Hanson has ditched previously made plans to do what a handful of fans dictate.  I'm sure they have a schedule laid out pretty far in advance that they stick to. 

Touring, both this year and next, is their own idea.  If I'm remembering correctly, they - themselves have called the shows (yet to be announced) at the end of the year *holiday* shows.  (I think they mentioned that at Summerfest.)  It's not clear yet whether they will incorporate Christmas music but I'm guessing it could be a possibility (considering the time of year)...  They *have* said some of the new songs they're working on would be showcased on those dates.  ...According to the blog, they're set to start recording new music next month.  I don't know why you would think otherwise.

eek_a_mouse

oops... cite not site

lilzacbop

Katie Wanta
Orange, CT, US

Hanson are big boys. If they don't want to tour they don't have to... 

I hadn't heard that they mentioned "holiday" shows - I don't think it'll be a 100%  Christmas tour like finally it's Christmas was - but if it is late in the year i can definitely see them adding a couple Christmas songs to the set. They usually do.

Sorry you're not a fan of their christmas music. but that doesn't mean the rest of us don't want to hear it.

robinbond

:)  --  point taken... unfortunately, my point has been missed though. I was responding here about comments I saw on social media about fans hoping it was a Christmas music tour. My reaction was simply based on the fact that Hanson has stated that it will be an opportunity to expose the new music, ie not a Christmas tour.

Cokeysmurf

I love the tours tbh... and I would love BTTI only transatlantic flights make it just too expensive for me to justify. I'd love if the guys did something similar in Europe.

eek_a_mouse

Fans may have expressed interest in Christmas themed shows but that in no way means that the band is obligated to comply.  We'll all find out what's in store when they decide to spill the beans...  They will do what they will do...  (They *have* said that these appearances will incorporate some of the new music, so I don't quite understand all the fretting...  It *is* possible to do more than one thing during a show.)

JayneBleisch

so excited to hear Christmas Music and new music! Fans can want whatever they want! Hanson will decides what they want to do. They are in charge, its their band. 

jlove1984

Jaquaida Kinney
Tampa, Florida, US

I agree with the person above. You just got to be thankful

jlove1984

Jaquaida Kinney
Tampa, Florida, US

I think they even played Christmas songs at epcot.

taysbear

Carrie Nairn
Hagerstown , Maryland , US

there was Christmas show  at Back to the island one year too .

<< < 1 > >>