Public Forums | Tour | BTTI Europe?

JessicaEmma

Are you more people agreeing that BttI should be tested in Europe? It's more exclusive and cool for you Americans and more European fans have come. There are lots of nice islands here and good prices too.

asphodelia

Paola Rizzato
Heysham, Lancashire, GB

This subject has been raised many times over the years, but it's very unlikely that BTTI will ever happen in Europe for a number of reasons, the most obvious one being the fact that most of the fans who attend are from North America (around 75% according to what Island Gigs said to me) and so is the band. It wouldn't make much sense for them to travel to Europe for 4 days. 
The other issue is cost - an all inclusive holiday in Europe costs comparatively more. 

Personally, I have been to BTTI 4 times now and the appeal is that it's in the Caribbean!

JessicaEmma

Funny that you know so much. But 5 out of 5 did they do well in Europe?
 They have been here last summer and have been here for more than 4 days.
In addition, it is not more expensive with all inclusive in Europe. Perhaps most fans from North America , but it's not fun for them to vary. I've been to a BTTI, The Walk Bus and The Rock Boat to see Hanson.
It was a general wonder if it would not be fun if they did something like that in Europe. But of course, you have to point out that it's an American band.

asphodelia

Paola Rizzato
Heysham, Lancashire, GB

There was no need to be so sarcastic. "I know so much" because I've been following this kind of discussion for years, and in fact, there used to be a FB group that campaigned for BTTI Europe. A fan from Israel (who went to 4 BTTIs) used to run it, and she even had meetings with Island Gigs while on the Island trying to drum up interest. We sent postcards to 3CG and campaigned for ages until it was clear that it was a no-go, for the reasons I mentioned above. 

You're welcome to keep trying.

TheWanderer

Kaitlin Walbright
Columbus, OH, US

And the fact that it's not really Hanson's decision where to go, it's IG's. And they have multiple bands that they do this for over a very short period of time. So either they take all the bands to Europe, or keep them all in the Carribean. They have agreements in place with resorts in the Carribean and can easily work in Jamaica. Who knows if the same would be true for dealings in Europe.

JessicaEmma

I do not intend to spend a lot of time on this, I just thought it could be a cool thing. Jamaica is really nice, but Europe is also nice. It is not at all so expensive here as many seem to believe. I personally liked to see BTTI in another country for the sake of change. But have full understanding that it will probably never be.

lilzacbop

Katie Wanta
Orange, CT, US

We discussed this with Zac at one point too and he said that they all need to find a resort that has the number of rooms they want - not a ton so that the event stays limited, with the areas they need for the stage, activities, etc and still in a decent price point so that fans would be able to come and that for the most part that is in the Caribbean.  It sounded like they had looked into other options but nothing really matched their "wish list" so to speak for all inclusive, price point, # of rooms.

TheWanderer

Kaitlin Walbright
Columbus, OH, US

There are more logistics than "it would be nice"

and for the record europe is a CONTINENT not a country

liekaraindance

Ashleigh Friis
Tulsa, Oklahoma, US

While I think it would be cool to be somewhere in Europe, that would actually detract from my wanting to go because the flights are so expensive. Paola makes a great point that 75% of people who go to BTTI are American and the band IS an American band. Not sure why that was met with so much hostility. It's the truth. If they were an Australian band, I would expect them to do stuff that would be the best for the majority of their fanbase (if the majority was in australia). They've gotta go where the money takes them. 

TATISPAIN

Tatiana Martin
ARANJUEZ , MADRID, ES

The 75% of people who go to Btti are American because the flights to Jamaica from US are cheaper and there is a short distance between both countries, so this reason is not a reason.  I think that there are good options in Europe to celebrate a Btti, I'm from Spain and here there are many options for that with all the requirements that they need with better prices than Jamaica but I don't think that Island gigs want to do an event out of the Caribbean so even knowing that they'd have a "sold out" event in Europe, this will never happen :(

Vickykin23

There are some beautiful places in Europe, my friend recently went to an adults only resort in Turkey, she said it was beautiful! All inclusive with flights for a week was £600, not sure what that would be in dollars and of course flights from America would be more expensive. I would love a btti in Europe, I’m from the UK and almost booked for next year then my husband got his deployment notice and he’s away over btti 2019! Maybe 2020 for me! I did check out flight prices and London to Jamaica was around £650 for return flights which wasn’t as bad as I thought. If they did the Jamaican btti and one in Europe I’m sure both would sell out fast! 

<< < 1 > >>