Public Forums | Tour | string theory-more dates?

jodibreneman

hey y'all. i may be living under a rock, but have they mentioned if there are going to be more string theory dates added?  

robinbond

Dates keep popping up one at a time. There is some talk of a show in Australia in the southern hemisphere summer, and I wouldn't be surprised if London cuts the bill too. I know it is a little frustrating for people who are trying to find out if Hanson will be playing at the place just two blocks away from their houses, but this is no ordinary tour, and I imagine dates are rolled out as and when a new symphony orchestra and appropriate venue come available.

eek_a_mouse

I think everyone is assuming there will be more dates.  There hasn't been any actual proof of that from the band as of yet, but it seems probable...  Apparently, because of the unique nature of this tour (which involves a different symphony orchestra at every stop), they can't announce the entire schedule all at once.  The various orchestras are obligated to first announce their own concert series seasons.

lilzacbop

Katie Wanta
Orange, CT, US

I'm hoping we will get more insight next weekend during state of the band

mikikatie

Michael Jones
Austin, TX, US

I'm hoping we will get more insight next weekend during state of the band

Fingers crossed!!!

robinbond

On the off chance that State Of The Band is streamed as it was once so everyone could know what was happening for the next year or so, I hope the question and answer session is done differently. Actually I hope that for the sake of everyone there. Otherwise it's: "Hi, will you be playing in my backyard?" ; "You know there's room for five in my lounge?"  etc etc...

I mean. One can ask the deepest and darkest questions in one's soul, and... anyway, I hope everyone there enjoys

jasmine84

Jennifer McWilliams
Oakville, ON, CA

I sure hope Toronto eventually makes the cut! My brother plays in several symphonies here! 

taasness

Tyler Aasness
Medina, MN, US

They said there will be more dates but did anyone ask them WHEN they will tell us said dates and locations?  :)

cas60

All they said at "State of the Band" is that United States shows will be scheduled for Fall 2018 and that International Shows will be scheduled for Spring 2019.

jodibreneman

thanks for the info, yall! 

itzluver

They didn't say how many shows there are or when we'll get the bulk of the dates. However, they did say at SOTB that they initially conceived of this idea as a 25th anniversary celebration with 25 orchestras and that they started to rethink it when they got a very good response from the orchestras. This makes me wonder, then, if they're doing a lot more than 25 shows.

jasmine84

Jennifer McWilliams
Oakville, ON, CA

Fingers are certainly crossed :) 

tessabus87

Fort Worth Symphony just announced for January 5th. My fiance is the principal trumpet of the FWSO. I am unbelievable excited for this. :D :D :D

robinbond

January 5? Isn't that when Back To The Island is meant to be? Admittedly I don't know the exact intended dates, but it is normally around the first week of January.

tessabus87

BTTI is at the end of January.

megan_leigh85

Tessabus87, that's awesome!! I just purchased tickets to that show. Can't wait to enjoy the show!

lookalittleharder

It's been a while since they added any dates for String Theory. Do we know if or when they plan to add more dates?

zeus22

Chris Miller
Meadville, PA, US

It sounds like the guys are planning to release more dates before the end of the month.

zeus22

Chris Miller
Meadville, PA, US

It sounds like the guys are planning to release more dates before the end of the month.

lookalittleharder

Sweet. Thanks

<< < 1 > >>