Public Forums | Tour | Life Aquatic Costumes - Husband asks!

kelsrose2022

My family and I were watching our Disney videos and my husband asked what the guys were dressed up as on Halloween at EPCOT. I wasn’t sure, but he thought he knew...and he figured out it was from The Life Aquatic. I had never seen the movie, so it went right over my head, so my husband asks...is there a specific Hanson reference?? Or just general comedy appreciation lol

robinbond

The original soundtrack featured David Bowie songs. Maybe it was a tribute thing? Nothinng definite though

mamajive

I've never seen the movie but as far as I know there isn't any Hanson reference in it.  My guess is that Hanson has seen the movie and enjoyed Bill Murray's  character so they dressed like him for Halloween.  

EJWillis

Emma Willis
Christchurch, Canterbury, NZ

Yeah I figure they like the movie and got a good deal on blue shirts and red beanies. Lol.

I think I was sitting near you for one of the shows, Kelsrose. You gave your daughter your phone and she ran off to film something. I remember cringing silently praying she wouldn't drop it and break your phone! Haha. (Hopefully this was you and I don't sound like a weirdo!) 

kelsrose2022

Haha! That was me! All the way from NZ?? That’s quite a trek. Thankfully she didn’t drop it, but my 5yo was pretty pissed she didn’t get a turn lol. 

eek_a_mouse

I'm guessing they like quirky Wes Anderson films and probably wanted something cohesive so they could look like a team. 

(I once made a Team Zissou Halloween costume for my son-in-law.  It had blue shorts and a turtleneck though - like Willem Dafoe's character wore.)

EJWillis

Emma Willis
Christchurch, Canterbury, NZ

Yes.... all the way from NZ! It's a trek and a half! We flew to Houston (15hrs) and were there for two nights. (I did the Houston MOE show) and then onto Orlando. Getting home was a nightmare, about 22 hours of flying. I cannot wait to come back and do it all again but I'm hoping someone invents teleportation in the next couple of years because it turns out long haul travel is NOT for me. Lol. 

Your children were so well behaved! And very cute. I should really introduce myself to people when I'm at Hanson events but I'm way too shy so I just kind of keep to myself and I probably look like a total snobby cow most of the time. Haha. I was with my husband who probably looked like he was having the time of his life (not!) and Katie (lilzacbop.)

<< < 1 > >>