Public Forums | General | Job ideas

jlove1984

Jaquaida Kinney
Tampa, Florida, US

Hi I had worked 3 different jobs in retail. I have been working since 20 until now  (Im turning 36) in retail. I need part time. All of my work experience been in retail. I worked at 3 different place. Bowling alley, Babiesrus and JCPenney. Retail in the store is getting really slow and they aren't giving no hours over there.  Where do you guys I work. I need to think outside the box. I need a sit down job. I was thinking about a call center not sure if they will hire part time workers. I need money for Hanson adventures. I am so thankful all jobs have worked with me because I've been the only disabled at my job working.

DChansonfan

Lindsay Augustine
Washington, DC, US

I think call centers are a great idea to check out - it sounds like you have extensive customer service experience which would be perfect. What kinds of hours are you looking for - morning, afternoon, evening? 

jlove1984

Jaquaida Kinney
Tampa, Florida, US

Morning. My brother is already telling me the customer service I have isn't like in retail. Another friend is saying I wont be able to do because of the typing and I talk low. I was also looking at guest service agent part time

jlove1984

Jaquaida Kinney
Tampa, Florida, US

At a hotel. I wasn't finished typing. Thanks!

meghan1985

I work for an organization that provides services to individuals with disabilities. Services can be provided in their homes, or on site at the facility. I pretty much hang out with adults who have disabilities (mostly intellectual disabilities). We take them out into the community at least 2 times a day (bowling, coloring club, walking the mall, playing darts or pool, going swimming, etc). When we are back at the facility, we try to keep busy with activities, like crafts or learning activities or games.

babiegurl1885

I’m a cosmetologist

JJJuliet

Lauren Leary
Wilmington, DE, US

@meghan1985 - how do you get THAT job? cause i want it lolol

meghan1985

Check in your area and see what type of providers are available. The names may vary, as some are national, and some are local. Direct Support Professional is the basic "title" for agencies like The Arc, Bridges, etc.

FantasticForU

I think if you check warehouses and whatnot. That's where I started with Wegmans.

xNataliex

Natalie Martin
Manchester , London , GB

Working in retail you'll have lots of transferable skills. If you want a sit down job maybe admin or general office work? Doesn't have to be customer focused, necessarily. 

jlove1984

Jaquaida Kinney
Tampa, Florida, US

meghan - my ex boyfriend sister does that as one of her jobs. i dont drive i have cerebral palsy. i rather keep people safe on the roads. i was a peer tutoring in high school and help those kids in main stream classes. 

a guy from my middle school forward my resume for a few opens at his job. some type of computer office job.

mmcneill

Melissa Mcneill
Beverly, MA, US

I do medical billing 

<< < 1 > >>