Public Forums | General | New Avatar New Journey

IvyDarling

Ivory Walker
Toledo, OH, US

The past few years for me have been rough. I got pretty far down and allowed a great deal of factors to affect my life in very negative ways. One of the major things was my weight skyrocketing to dangerous heights. I have always been a bit chubby but I am at the heaviest I have ever been and hope to be. I've been slowly bringing myself back up and I found that right now is the time to take back into control my health. I have never set a visual goal, my jars and marbles, but doing so oddly motivates me even more.

I am not dieting but choosing a change in life style. My results may come more slowly this way but I want to build a habit that I can maintain. Today as I write this post I way 240 lbs. For a woman that stands only at 4"11 that weight is massive. My goal weight is 125 lbs but in my jar I have 58 marbles about half of the weight loss I need to reach my goal. I'm going to start my path in the kitchen with proper proportions and meals spaced through out the day instead of eating one big meal and having tiny snacks like I normally do. I can't wait to share my progress with you all! Here I will share not only my pounds lost updates but also some of my tasty recipes and burning workouts.

jlove1984

Jaquaida Kinney
Tampa, Florida, US

Wow! I am 4'11 but I weigh 80 poundss. that's the most I ever weight. I have cerebral palsy so I burn a lot of energy doing regular things

IvyDarling

Ivory Walker
Toledo, OH, US

Cerebral Palsy is tough. I use to volunteer at schools mainly the special needs classes and there were a few kids who had CP.  According to my doctor I should be aiming to be 99 to 115 lbs as 125 is considered the max weight for my height. I was very happy at 125 lbs though so that is what I am shooting for.

jlove1984

Jaquaida Kinney
Tampa, Florida, US

I usually do my physical therapy to hanson music that makes it fun.

IvyDarling

Ivory Walker
Toledo, OH, US

I wish I could edit my original post...I forgot to list my goals aside from losing weight. Stamina and strength are way down and I'd like to increase both of those. Flexibility and balance are other things I'd like to work on throughout my journey.

FantasticForU

I lost 100 pounds eating salad for 1 year. And cottage cheese. 

jlove1984

Jaquaida Kinney
Tampa, Florida, US

wow congrats!

domebaby319

Lisa Dobbs
LaVergne, Tennessee, US

IvyDarling I've lost over 60lbs by eating high protein, veggies, and fruits. Also drinking lots of water. I still need to drop about 80lbs, it's a struggle everyday. Just work hard and don't give up!  You can do it!

IvyDarling

Ivory Walker
Toledo, OH, US

Fantastic 4 You great job on you weight loss. I am opting not to do a diet but to adopt an over lifestyle change that I will continue to use even after hitting my goal.

Lisa that is one of the things I am working on. I'm dieting just adopting good habits that I will use during and after my weight loss. Like you I have split my goal of pounds to lose so that it is not so daunting. I found, during a study a few years ago, that I did really well with my weight loss and energy increase when I increased my fiber intake. At the time I wasn't able to workout regularly but this time around I shall and I hope my results are even better than last time. It helps that my mom has decided to take part in my journey and we are planning our meals and workout sessions so that we have support. Right now I am working on playlist for different workouts, music always motivates me!

<< < 1 > >>