Public Forums | General | Hanson Fan Friend Connections!

TeaWithTheBee

Ok can I start by saying it is SUPER FREAKING DIFFICULT to be married, in your thirties, working your butt off, and trying to make new friends. The older I get, the more isolated I get. I have a hard time connecting with people around my area. Am I alone here? I just kind of feel like I have a different life view than a lot of them. Not knocking anyone's path, just commenting on the difficulties of developing relationships with people who have a different lifestyle and or values. For example, I did not have children with my hubbie and it makes couple hang outs harder. Stuff like that. 

I was trying to think about the moments/events in my life that shaped my different life view and my Hanson fandom and tour antics of my twenties stood out to me. Being a "fanson" has left a life changing mark on me I realized. The nostalgia, the tours, the community initiatives with TOMS and others, doing some tour travel with the street team that ultimately inspired my career choice to become an entertainment publicist and artist. I know for me at least being a part of the fanson community transcended the good music and nice band of guys behind it. I feel like I would really like to make meaningful friends from this community; especially fans from the Chicagoland area. Let's connect on social too, yes? I would love to connect with anyone interested in getting to know me better. This is my personal Facebook if you want to connect. 

https://www.facebook.com/annamariechicagobuzzmarketing 

Disclaimer, I post a lot about my job and work...because I am a workaholic and use Facebook for work. Just ignore as I am not a spammer. I am definitely a Fan. Photo proof below from a concert in ( I think) 2010ish? I do remember this was outside in Milwaukee, WI at The Rave and their was a walk attached. Was anyone else at this show? Anyone remember the date? 

jlove1984

Jaquaida Kinney
Tampa, Florida, US

Being a hanson fan I always was a lone. In school hanson was my secret until a few high school friends came to my house. One of my friends used to be a fan as she was looking through my cds. I joined my local hanson state street team. I met a few great people from there. One of them have becoming "my every day" friend but she lives 4 hours away. She calls me on the phone and we talk through face book.

EnchantedKnitwit

Laura Thorp
Owings Mills, Maryland, US

TeaWithTheBee, I agree completely! I too am in my thirties, work too much (at a job I'm not crazy about), and find it very difficult to make new friends at times or keep up with the ones I already have....my husband and I don't have or want kids (and totally respect those who do, it's just not for us) and that makes it hard for our friends who have them to catch up with us or vice versa.  It just puts you in a different place, even though you're happy for one anothers' lives and where they've ended up.  And I think the older we get, the more we know ourselves and know what we do and don't want out of friendship so even if we end up getting a first impression that might not be correct, it might be like "yup I don't need that in my life, NEXT!" or whatever.... (at least, I've found myself doing that when meeting friends of friends and thinking some of them are coming off as obnoxious).  Plus at times we like to keep to ourselves which makes it difficult too (but that's our own problem lol).

Although in the past year or so, since String Theory, I've delved further into this fandom bit by bit and found it VERY easy to make friends here b/c it's a lot of fun connecting with people who remember the same or similar concert experiences.  Or who want to meet up at concerts or try to make it to Hday or BTTI, or do street team get togethers.  I'm from the Baltimore area and just got to see Hanson at the MD state fair on Aug 23rd and met up with a bunch of great people, most of whom I'd become "online friends" with first (both here and in a few of the FB groups and/or Instagram) then met them IRL at the concert.  It was awesome and a ton of fun.  It's kind of amazing how easy it is to bond over a shared love of a band. Especially Hanson. Lol.  :)

I don't remember that concert date but you might be able to figure it out by perusing HansonStage.com?  It lists all tour dates, set lists, etc.  :)

jlove1984

Jaquaida Kinney
Tampa, Florida, US

I talk to a lot of hanson fans because I a lot of hanson fans are disabled. Some of them have the same disability so you don't always feel so alone.

DChansonfan

Lindsay Augustine
Washington, DC, US

I would love to connect with more fans. I always see the same people at the shows in my area and I'm always like dang, we should know each other by now because I've seen them like 10+ times lol. In general it's so hard to meet new people! All of my friends are either friends since high school or coworkers that I spend time with outside of work. 

Feel free to add me on FB too! I don't post a lot but I'm active in a lot of groups. 

https://www.facebook.com/lindsaykay86

lilzacbop

Katie Wanta
Orange, CT, US

Here's a list of all the times Hanson has played shows in WI https://www.hansonstage.com/stats/state.php?state=WI

jlove1984

Jaquaida Kinney
Tampa, Florida, US

I would love to connect with more fans. I always see the same people at the shows in my area and I'm always like dang, we should know each other by now because I've seen them like 10+ times lol. In general it's so hard to meet new people! All of my friends are either friends since high school or coworkers that I spend time with outside of work. 

This is how I met a few of them! We just started talking on face book and then I saw them at Disney that's a few hours away. Then when I was at one of the concerts and I posted where I was they came and found me in line etc.. Last year I just realized the florida street team leader works a street over from my brothers job at the local brewery. I have gone there and support her cause she does the beer and cheese tasting once a month and I brought a lot of my family. My family has gone there a few times with out me. They enjoy that place. Its very nice and great people.

jlove1984

Jaquaida Kinney
Tampa, Florida, US

I see ami more often then any of the other people. Anyone can add me on face book as well

blueskyjudy

Judy Ferrante
Conklin, NY, US

This is one of the very cool perks of being on Hanson.net ( and one of the reasons I joined) - I wanted to meet more Hanson Fans, share our Hanson experiences - it's fun!

I know on some of the other threads, some people think the forums are "dated" or not needed.    I enjoy reading and posting on h.net.   Because of these forums, I have met many fans at shows and we had a great time hanging out before, during and after the show.  Maryland State Fair - shout outs to Laura, Stacy, Stacy, Lisa, Dawn, Jessica and whoever else I spoke with (& several we are online friends). 

Hopefully, we will see each other again soon at upcoming shows!  Northeast please :-) Thanks!

mamajive

Hanson.net is a great place to make friends with other Hanson fans. I've met many over the years on here. Many are online friends and others I have met at shows or at Hanson day weekend.  I've been to several shows in Milwaukee. I think the one your talking about was Oct. 5th 2009. I was there and it was a great Walk with the band that day also.

taysbear

Carrie Nairn
Hagerstown , Maryland , US

I have  a few Hanson  fan / best friends i try to see at least once a year , but  as I get older , life  requires me  to get creative  . This year I  traveled  6 hours to see a friend I hadn't seen  in  two  years .  versus  others I seem to go to   the same shows with  . I really enjoy seeing my friends as well as the show . 

jlove1984

Jaquaida Kinney
Tampa, Florida, US

I really enjoy the street team meet up before the actual concerts.

tbrown

Traci Brown
Morgantown, West Virginia, US

I hate that it’s so hard as an adult to make friends. I feel like I don’t have the connections I used to and it’s hard to gain them again. 

jlove1984

Jaquaida Kinney
Tampa, Florida, US

I did my first girls trip with no family and just a good friend. We have connected a lot more in the past year. She stayed a night before the Orlando trip and a day after at my house. She lives 2 hours and 15 minutes away. She will come back in January because she has a doctors appointment close to my house so she will make it a girl time again.

galadriel301982

Sarah Todd
Brooklyn Park, MInnesota, US

I got my best friend in Hanson back in High School, and she is the only friend I have who loves them. My aunt takes me to to their shows and stuff, but she doesn't like their music herself. But she has come around to the face that they are totally amazing as men, as they have always been so sweet to us. I wish I could have made it to Hanson Day this year so I could have gotten a hug from them. It has been a rough several months. 

<< < 1 > >>