Public Forums | General | Any book fans here?

IvyDarling

Ivory Walker
Toledo, OH, US

Greetings and salutations all! I am looking for a new book to read, any suggestions? I love fantasy and science fiction the most but I also dig horror, historical fiction, and action stories.

lilswede18

Have you read anything by Douglas Adams? The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy 'trilogy' (it's really 5 books lol), is always my recomendation, but his Dirk Gently books are good too. 

robinbond

I like Facebook.

Seriously though, I don't read anymore really... Harry Potter yes, but other stuff... no.

HOWEVER, years ago I read Shadows by John Saul. It was an awesome story.

IvyDarling

Ivory Walker
Toledo, OH, US

I haven't had the pleasure of reading anything by Douglas Adams as of you. I will add The Hitchhikers Guide to my reading list, as well as look Dirk Gently. Thank you for the recommendation!

I have read and re-read the Harry Potter series and will likely Always do so.  I have not heard of John Saul before I will surely look into Shadows I love a good read.

songbirdhippiechick

Anne Rice's Vampire trilogy is always a classic with over 20 books and counting in it's series, Stephen King is always promising, when reading his I'd recommend either the stand, deadzone, or the tommyknockers. they're some of his older works, but pretty impressive from where he started out 45 years ago to now. he is one that has deff improved at his craft. 

IvyDarling

Ivory Walker
Toledo, OH, US

I really enjoyed Rice's Vampire trilogy. I did continue to read the additional stories and I found them to be hit or miss for me. I have actually never read any King books. I have seen almost all of the films based off his works but I've never sat down to read the literature that inspired them.

blueskyjudy

Judy Ferrante
Conklin, NY, US

Oh, I  love a good book!  Have you read anything by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child?  I enjoyed the Special Agent Pendergast books - so many twists and turns - stories that are like roller coaster rides!

I am also a fan of Nora Roberts ( romantic suspense), especially her books about Eve Dallas (writing as JD Robb, futuristic mystery).

IvyDarling

Ivory Walker
Toledo, OH, US

I have not! I will add them to my list of to be read. I know who Nora Roberts is but I have never read any works, she is my moms favorite author!

Cokeysmurf

Love reading, I love thrillers but also memoir type stuff. I have an account on Goodreads so feel free to have a look at the books I have read and you might find something you like! https://www.goodreads.com/review/list/74615927-j-w?shelf=read

professionalbookworm

The Outlander books are really great fantasy/historical fiction, especially if you're looking to really dig into a long series. World War Z is AMAZING if your looking for something more in the horror genre. Oo! Or Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter is super fun. I could go on endless. Books are kinda my jam.

MayAceves

Mayra Aceves
Mexico, DF, MX

oh! I like the idea of sharing Goodreads profiles / Lists

here's mine:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list/5881969?shelf=read

As per recommendations, it really depends on what genre you enjoy best. I can name some great books- each a different genre that I enjoyed: A man Called Ove and Britt-Marie was here; both by F. Backman. The Martian by Andy Weir. the Millennium saga by Stieg Larsson. Eat, Pray, Love by Liz GIlbert. The boy with the cuckoo-clock heart by Mathias Malzieu. The thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield.  The Tunnels saga by Roderick Gordon. Just to name a few... 

IvyDarling

Ivory Walker
Toledo, OH, US

I shall have to join this Goodreads and make a profile to share! All of this suggestions are fantastic and I can't wait to dig into all of these new books!

kelbel26

Kelli Cloud
Tazewell , Tennessee, US

The Lux series by Jennifer L. Armantrout are good books. I listened to them cause where I work you can listen to music and such and those books were recommended and passed alot of time. I say give them a try ig you like sci-fi fantasy. I've listened to them twice. There are 5 or 6 books I think. 

IvyDarling

Ivory Walker
Toledo, OH, US

I love sci-fi fantasy and will certainly look into this collection!

Hollybelle

Holly Snider
Conway, South Carolina, US

Definitely get a Goodreads account! I've found so many good books on there. I always joke that I should be able to add Goodreads to my Goodreads list because I've spent so much time reading their lists and summaries.

I tend to like fantasy/dystopian books the best. I'm currently reading the Outlander series as someone already suggested. It's an interesting twist on historical fiction with time travel added to it. A bit more adult content than I'm used to, but I like the story. Some of my recent favorites that I would suggest are The Sky series (which I stumbled onto because the first book was free with Kindle Unlimited) and the Red Queen series by Victoria Aveyard.

IvyDarling

Ivory Walker
Toledo, OH, US

I signed up! Just getting it set up :).

IvyDarling

Ivory Walker
Toledo, OH, US

Still adding to my list of things I've read and I have not yet written a recommendation yet but here is my Good Reads List 

IvyDarling

Ivory Walker
Toledo, OH, US

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list/101568258-ivydarling?shelf=read

krismartin12

I was searching for Ignou MAPC Project Guide Book and I accidentally landed on this website and my favourite books is "The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari".

IvyDarling

Ivory Walker
Toledo, OH, US

The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari sounds super interesting just going off the title!

FantasticForU

Watch The Last Unicorn. Thanks for the thread by the way IvyDarling. I'm buying The Last Unicorn book.

I

Morena

I love reading but at the moment i don't like any Books i start to read :(

Hansonrocks32

I love the books Modelland and success 

DChansonfan

Lindsay Augustine
Washington, DC, US

I am a big romance novel fan. Lately that's all I've been reading but I read a lot of books (love my Kindle!)

meganknight

Megan Knight
Bridgewater, VA, US

I am a HUGE book lover, particularly historical fictions. Here are some of my suggestions:

We Were The Lucky Ones by Georgia Hunter
The Things We Cannot Say by Kelly Rimmer
The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
Light Over London by Julia Kelly

I also love self-help books or anything that will motivate/inspire me. Anything by Rachel Hollis is great in that category as well as It's Not Supposed To Be This Way by Lysa Terkeurst, although that one is more Christian/religion based as well.

<< < 1 2 > >>