Public Forums | General | Can You Remember Your First Experience of Satellite TV?

robinbond

While everyone and their dog has probably been watching routinely for years, I just got my decoder and flat screen TV last October (inherited so to speak from my mom's house -- oh gosh; today she would have been 80 years old) and it wasn't until an installer came in on Friday (and had a lot of trouble getting it set up, which means it's nothing I was doing wrong - I hadn't even had TV aerial signal for 25 days) that I got a satellite signal.

The service is a pay for the decoder once and have satellite TV forever.   :)  -- it's a nice option in South Africa.

But gosh! I've gone from four channels a month ago, to 25 channels now. At the moment though, although there are two sports channels, two movie channels and two 24 hour news channels, my favourite is BBC World News. It's just so informative.

Hansonrocks32

I got the direct TV satellite service. And it's awsome :)

VeronicaWil8788

I remember when Directv was Primestar! And we had to go outside with a broom to scare grasshoppers off of the dish....

robinbond

:( -- noone told me that when it rains there is no signal .. one would think that people would have noticed that and found a way around it

robinbond

FINALLY! A second installer (the Body Corporate's regular installer) came on Monday to have a look and said the guy who came disn't actually connect me to the communal satellite dish and he should come back and do a proper job -- so after today I hope I have no reception issues... and he mustn't expect to be paid for a job he didn't even do in the first place.

Meanwhile, I have 20 channels to choose from, although I only really spend time on the reality channel - had it on for over 12 hours the other day). 

<< < 1 > >>