Public Forums | General | String Theory DVD? What's it like?

lifebeginswithhanson

Robin Nicholl
Bath, ON, CA

Hi, if you bought the dvd, could you please tell me about it. Thanks. I'm trying to decide if its worth the cost of exchange and shipping. I love all the Hanson CD's and DVD's but this is the first time I haven't bought any of it. The exchange and shipping cost a outrageous. :( It makes me sad cause I'm not even well enough to see the concerts anymore.

robinbond

I wish I had the import duty to get it from the post office already -- I can only pick it up on 27th... as I understand, it's more about the reason they recorded it, as opposed to a show type thing. It has rehearsal sessions with the orchestra though

lifebeginswithhanson

Robin Nicholl
Bath, ON, CA

Thanks. I love TTMON and Live From Albertane and would love another DVD like it. I was hoping for more than just concert.

robinbond

That's exactly what it is -- a documentary style -- it can't be a concert if the concerts are only taking place now. It has rehearsal footage but that's it. Also, I think people have said that it's only about 75 minutes long.

musicalrider83

I just unwrapped mine. I'll watch it and report later ;)

lifebeginswithhanson

Robin Nicholl
Bath, ON, CA

Thanks musicalrider83 can't wait to hear all about your report ;) And thanks robinbond. I was hoping for a concert too especially since a lot of us can't see them live, it would have been nice. :) All the best!

musicalrider83

Hey!

It's basically a documentary that shows how the guys created String Theory from the beginning, with scenes from the docu-series from YouTube and the orchestra rehearsal mixed in, all black and white.

Do you have Re:Made in America? It's basically the same thing. Ah, it's 75 min long.

I would say go for it, I loved the dvd!

robinbond

Chantal watched the DVD last night. I wish I could have too but I can only collect it in three weeks...

jlove1984

Jaquaida Kinney
Tampa, Florida, US

I am just glad I got the regular cd

dezzie

I ordered the deluxe package as I wanted to see the DVD. It goes for about an hour and its more about the documentary of how they made ST and talk how it was on the bucket list. I thought the DVD would be longer than an hour

dezzie

I ordered the deluxe package as I wanted to see the DVD. It goes for about an hour and its more about the documentary of how they made ST and talk how it was on the bucket list. I thought the DVD would be longer than an hour

<< < 1 > >>