Public Forums | General | Guess what ;) My day was made this evening;)

missbuck

Missy Buckman
Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin, US

Ok Im the one with the computer that is windows 98 and its offline, I use it to play games and my neice and nephews use it to for games and typing, its not online which is a good thing cuz I love playing slots on it, I have a computer game of slots. Thats the cloesest to gambling I will get. lol. Its safer to. Anyways I pulled all the plugs and left it pulled over 24 hours and I put all the plugs back in and now it works. My tower is just fine to.... I was almost freaking out cuz Id have to to go to second hand stores searching but if I want more games that where I have to go is second hand stores for games, these days stores don't have windows 98 games. lol. Man my age is showing. lol.  But yet back in working order, all it needed was to be unplugged and sleep for over 24 hours. lol. Now if I can get that sleep then it be great. lol. Not happening. lol. when your a responsibly adult.. lol. So yeah rock on and who else has retro games? lets discuss this ?

robinbond

Retro games would be great, but sadly Tetris and Montezuma's Revenge went down with the advent of the 386 computer, so...

missbuck

Missy Buckman

Omg, love tetris. I have those plug into TV games and I play tetris and I have pac man to .

Crimsongale

What about Lemmings!!!?? :)

missbuck

Missy Buckman

Now that is new I never heard of Lemmings? lol. Im asuming its retro so tell me about it and can keep eye out at second hand store when I go, haven't gone there for awhile now. 

Past last year I first discovered Tab soda to. lol. I drink Tab occasionally while listening to 80s rock like Lita Ford and The Cars. 

EJWillis

Emma Willis
Christchurch, Canterbury, NZ

You can find most old games online in some form. Last year, at  31 years old I finally managed to pass level two of Alex Kidd when playing it online. There was much swearing at the stupid octopus but I got there!

Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure is another great game that I found online  a few years back. I was the coolest kid at school because my family were the first in my group of friends to get a CD rom! Lol. My parents owned a business so bought if for doing the books etc and my step father was too old school to figure out how to use it (even with endless lessons from his accountant!) so it just became a gaming device for us kids. 

Classicreload.com is a good website for old dos based games. 

And Tetris can be found pretty much anywhere... there's several thousand Tetris apps. I'm pretty much the boss of Tetris. Haha. I'm not a gamer by any stretch of the imagination but I did love my "Brick Game" - Kiwi kids will know what I mean! Basically a cheap handheld game with 999 random games. (Mostly just different versions of Tetris and Snake, lol.) I wasted many hours and hundreds of AA batteries playing that thing! 

bcat

Lisa Lloyd
CBD, Auckland, NZ

Oh man, Tetris is my game... we used to have a computer in our science class (i don't know why, it certainly wasn't for science...) and my friend and I would always do our class work really quickly so we could go on the computer and play two player. We could get to really high levels all while gossiping haha 

EJWillis

Emma Willis
Christchurch, Canterbury, NZ

Lisa - new addition to the business plan... purchased multiple old school Brick Games so people can play Tetris while they wait! *CLE* I actually have a couple on my Trade Me watchlist because Landon wants one. Haha. Apparently they're "retro" which I guess is his way of telling me I'm old *CLE*

Crimsongale

Lemmings! It's a computer game from the early 90s haha tiny blue people trying to get through different obstacles, hot lava and such. I loved it! It was probably the last time I was a computer gamer though lol I wasn't thinking it was a retro game  but with number of upgrades in computers it might be considered retro. Lol I also played Tetris and there was an awesome BRICK game I played on blackberry before I switched to IPhone many years ago lol 

What is TAB soda?????

<< < 1 > >>