Public Forums | General | Tech Savvy Help?

robinbond

When it comes to online applications and installing them, I can be a bit of a lost cause. Presuming one needs Adobe Flash Player to watch certain things online... like for example the livestreams (for which oddly enough  a picture already comes up, even though it says offline right now obviously)... how does one install it? I can only watch Facebook videos on my phone, and can't even do that now because Facebook kept closing and causing everything else to close... so it was uninstalled. Facebook videos don't play on my computer and it might be because I need to properly install something. Help?

rwagner

Rachel Wagner
Charlotte, NC, US

I'm not sure if it is the same due to being different countries, but you should be able to get it by going to adobe. You would just need to put in the operating system, such as Windows or Mac OS. Then you choose the platform, such as Safari or Firefox, depending on which you use. You will follow the prompts, which guides you through the installation process. 

robinbond

Thanks. I found out that Chrome as a server has a built in flash player, so that is working -- for now. It's probably not a long term solution though

robinbond

I've got to make sure the stream page loads tomorrow before the event time, or I'm going to go bonkers like in 2012... I had a grape (blackberry) but it wouldn't load the stream. I saw the 2013 one though for the first time thanks to Ian... Chromium doesn't work as a browser for players and Firefox messes with my computer ... so I'm going to use Chrome like normal, cos that's the only browser that allows me to watch video. I read online that Chrome has a built in flash player.

inaki

@robinbond if you are using Chrome then make sure you have flash player enabled. If it's not enabled then it will keep asking you to install it or you will have to grand permission (in the settings) to certain sites where the flash player will only work.

Also, sometimes, the flash player is installed twice. Not sure how that happens exactly but it happened to me once and I couldn't play any video, not even on YouTube.

rwagner

Rachel Wagner
Charlotte, NC, US

Good! I'm glad you got it figured out. I have a Macbook, so I have to always click to enable it, which gets super frustrating. Even when I try to watch the uploaded videos, I have to open and close them around 2-3 times to get it to work. 

<< < 1 > >>