Public Forums | General | Record Breaking Performances

robinbond

I like watching athletics... only, here there is hardly ever any athletics on public TV anymore... except during the Olympics or Commonwealth Games, at which time we only get highlights packages anyway. However... once in a while, some athletes come into the spotlight. And this is just what happened in this past week at an athletics meeting here in South Africa. Oh my gosh!

Caster Semenya (this woman is a hero; after all she has gone through, to maintain confidence and keep bursting out performances...) has run the fastest time in the 800 meters in South Africa. She also b 

:)

Bghnelson

Rebecca Nelson
Houston, Texas, US

She also what? You can't leave me hanging like this, Robyn!

robinbond

Oh I'm sorry - I copied and pasted and didn't know the whole thing didn't copy... wait..

South African athetics records falling this week: Caster Semenya broke a 35 year old record in the 1000m - 2m35.43s; Carina Horn broke a 27 year old record in the 100m - 11.03 seconds; Clarence Munyai broke Wayde van Niekerk's record in 200m with 19.69 seconds; today Semenya ran the fastest 800m in South Africa and on Thursday she will try to break the 34 year old 1500m record 

:).

Bghnelson

Rebecca Nelson
Houston, Texas, US

Wow, that's amazing! Thanks for sharing!

robinbond

Caster was saving the 1500 meter record breaking effort for a bigger stage it seems. The 34 year old record of Zola Budd has been broken at the Commonwealth Games. Her winning time in the 1500 meters was jest 71 hundredths of a second short of breaking the 4 minute barrier. 

Bghnelson

Rebecca Nelson
Houston, Texas, US

My goodness! That's amazing!

<< < 1 > >>