Public Forums | General | Street Team-what is it?

BrittanyMilam

Brittany Milam
Coburg, OR, US

Just curious about the Street Team! What is it, how does it work, etc? I saw that there is an application for it...I'm just not sure what being a member consists of. Thanks in advance! :)

lilswede18

It's simple, you just help promote the band through various ways.  Most people do it already on a day to day basis and don't even realize!

Forgivemeifido

Stephanie Lee
Maple Valley, WA, US

Hi Brittany! Kim is right, you're probably already doing it! I'm the Street Team Leader for Washington State, close to you! Melissa is your state's Street Team Leader, I'm sure she'd be happy to answer any questions you have, as am I! We have a PNW Hanson Fans Facebook group where you are free to ask questions and talk to other local Street Team members there before you join and then after joining you will have access to your state's Street Team group as well as the Street Team forums here on Hanson.net :)

kellylizbeth

Kelly Davis
Astoria, New York, US

It depends where you live. My state does literally nothing. Others make an effort to do local meet-ups/social events, etc. But most of the promoting that members do these days is via social media, and you don’t need a leader or a team to do that.

Street team leaders also get invited to an exclusive dinner and volunteer at Hanson Day/Hop Jam.

carmenkisshanson

is for promoting hanson. its great.

selenahanson

I applied for it, but never received a response. I am in Texas!

lilswede18

I applied for it, but never received a response. I am in Texas!

You don't have the tag, meaning the application didn't go through.  You'll need to fill out the application again making sure you are logged in at the time, and filling it out in full.  =)

erinpo84

Erin Pocock
Conyers, GA, US

i'm interested in learning more about this as well. who do you promote to? what forms of promoting do you do? how much time do you spend doing it? :) tia!

lilzacbop

Katie Wanta
Orange, CT, US

You promote to anyone you can - friends on social media, strangers at the grocery store, you never know when the topic of Hanson may pop up.  The majority of the promotion is social media right now, but it may also include passing our or putting up fliers for local shows and even wearing your Hanson shirt around town counts.  You can spend as much or little time as you want on it - I've found most of my street teaming happens when I am not expecting it to because someone sees a piece of merch I have on and strikes up a conversation about it. Then I fill them in on what the band has been up to, maybe mention a tour if one is upcoming or whatever the new CD release may be at that time.

robinbond

When I was on radio I started most shows with a Hanson song, and over the period of three years I did a number of three hour Hanson specials. I remember one around 2002 (I'm trying to remember what the forums screen looked like and I think it was the one before Underneath) when I was getting requests in the forum from people listening online to a Cape Town South Africa campus station. That was kind of cool. 

But use your imagination. Some of our street team events that we have monthly from 2010 till 2015 included things like In The City (we went to a mall and just played Hanson on a walkman while sitting there), Taking The Walk was three days of chinwagging about Take The Walk up on campus during orientation week. We had the walk on campus a month and a half later. 

bcat

Lisa Lloyd
CBD, Auckland, NZ

That's disappointing to hear there are inactive teams, but each team will do things a little differently anyway. 

The good news is it's the kind of thing where you can just do your own thing if you want to anyway, as already mentioned you are probably already doing it without even realising!

It can be as simple as talking about Hanson when appropriate, playing songs, wearing merch and posting on Social Media. You can literally do as much or as little as you want, there's no pressure at all. If you're real into it, you may come up with some more creative ideas or want to involve other team members. It can certainly be a lot of fun if you choose to be more involved with things.

There are plenty of leaders who will happily answer any questions or help you out if your own leader isn't available too (we have the LD on our ST badges on our profiles). So no need to feel like you're in it by yourself. 

erinpo84

Erin Pocock
Conyers, GA, US

that's awesome! thanks for all the info. yeah, sounds like i should've already been one, especially this year. lol. i've been all over social media, including instagram, my blog, facebook, forums. :) and i've finally convinced my friends it's totally normal and acceptable. lol. @robin, that's really cool that you worked in radio! what a fun and exciting experience!

erinpo84

Erin Pocock
Conyers, GA, US

that's awesome! thanks for all the info. yeah, sounds like i should've already been one, especially this year. lol. i've been all over social media, including instagram, my blog, facebook, forums. :) and i've finally convinced my friends it's totally normal and acceptable. lol. @robin, that's really cool that you worked in radio! what a fun and exciting experience!

BrittanyMilam

Brittany Milam
Coburg, OR, US

Thanks for all of the responses guys! Seems simple enough to me! :)

<< < 1 > >>