Public Forums | General | It's Been A While

purplefox63

Terrie Fox
Conover, NC, US

I haven't posted anything on here in a long time but I feel the need to get some things out and I can't do it anywhere else so here goes.....I suffer with bouts of depression from time to time and this week has been one of those times. This past year has been a rough one and the new year isn't starting off any easier either. My daughter is in a messy custody battle with her estranged husband and I don't know how that's going to turn out. He took my granddaughter and kept her from us for 3 months. He's in the navy, stationed in Norfolk and we didn't know where he lived so my daughter couldn't go get her. We had to trick him into coming here and take her back. It was the hardest 3 months of our lives, I think. To top it off, she is 6 months pregnant with her "boyfriend's" baby. I despise that piece of crap! And that's an understatment! He has 2 other children that he does nothing for so why would he do anything for this one? (It's a girl, by the way.) I cannot be happy for this coming grandchild for so many reasons. I know I'm not very liked here and that bothers me a lot. I tried to fit in, but I made some very bad mistakes, which I apologized for, but I won't get into that. Everybody is talking about Hanson day, and while I am happy for the ones who are getting to go, I can't help but feel sad that I want to go so bad but I can't. I was hoping for another chance at the Moeys, but it doesn't look like I'm going to get that chance. I'm spilling my guts, people. And probably rambling, also. I know other people have a lot worse problems than I do, but my problems seem gigantic to me. If this sounds self centered, I apologize. I don't mean it that way. I just had to get this out before I exploded. Whether anybody responses or not, thank you for reading this and letting me vent.

eek_a_mouse

Welcome back, Terri.  I'm sorry to hear about your personal problems.  I don't mean to judge, but it looks like your daughter has made some unfortunate choices in her life, none of which are the children's fault.  It looks like they're the ones who are going to need you the most in the coming years and, if anybody can bring joy to someone who is feeling down and depressed, those kids are the ones to do it.  Best of luck to you.

purplefox63

Terrie Fox
Conover, NC, US

@eek_a_mouse, thank you. Yes she has made some very unfortunate choices. They both have. And now my grandbaby is stuck in the middle of it. And it's going to be the same with the one on the way. Thank you for your comment.

robinbond

Hey if you need to talk you know I'm here. If MOEYs do return, one doesn't have to go to Tulsa to enter; only if one wants to collect the plastic trophy in person, should the person win.

purplefox63

Terrie Fox
Conover, NC, US

@Robin, thank you sweetie. I know how they do the moeys, I just don't think they're going to be part of the events this year. You're very kind. Thank you.

NgiNeThemba1

Aww,first off hugs. 2nd,you know I love you like a sis and I'm praying for you. 3rd,I'm sorry that of this is happening to you and your family. I feel so bad for the children. I hope everything works out and gets better for everyone involved. I found out some stuff from my mom's side of the family that I had no idea about. Some stuff is shocking,health related and so on. My mom found out from her sister. You never know what people are going through. We need to be nice to one another. Be a better world if we did. I'm here for you anytime you need me. If,you want my home address pm me and I'll gladly give it to you. Take care. God bless.

purplefox63

Terrie Fox
Conover, NC, US

Thank you so much, Amy!

NgiNeThemba1

You're very welcome Terrie!

robinbond

Everytime I read the thread title, I get the Staind song from 2006 in my head. :)

purplefox63

Terrie Fox
Conover, NC, US

@Robin, I thought about that after I named it but I couldn't change it, lol!

<< < 1 > >>