Kaitlin Walbright
Columbus, OH, US

someones reflective over lunch break

Pitufina

Breath and start again!!!!!! :)

EnchantedKnitwit

Laura Thorp
Owings Mills, Maryland, US

I fully agree....I'm constantly seeking the next creation whether with my knitting needles, cards that might brighten someone's day, trying to make something new, or a kind word (or whatever else I'm feeling that day). 

You guys have brought more joy into our lives than can ever be measured so keep doing good for the people in the world, and keep making us smile & dance with your music. 

shutreasonout

Mm, this is inspiring. Most days, I have a hard time getting out of bed because my depression has been in a whirlwind since last summer. We're not promised tomorrow, but if I do wake up, maybe I could begin again and try to get through this.

Crajibs

Inspiring words to live by.

Hollybelle

Holly Snider
Conway, South Carolina, US

I don't know what specifically inspired this post, but thanks for sharing it with us. I'm glad you're feeling the power of music and the importance of doing the thing that drives you (no matter who you are and what that thing might be). It sounds like you're in a great creative space right now. I can't wait to hear what comes out of it!

JJJuliet

Lauren Leary
Wilmington, DE, US

so. i cant speak for anyone else but the title of this post totally got this song stuck in my head. make it stooooooop lol

"There was an old man named michael finnegan. he had whiskers on his chin again, they grew out then they grew in again poor old michael finnegan begin again"

pinkbo0tlace

Taylor, I can’t begin to tell you how much I appreciate you opening up like this. I am really emotionally struggling; my PTSD from many years of childhood sexual abuse has came to haunt me again. My depression and loneliness is so bad currently, that sometimes it’s only the thought of my children being without a mother and your music that gives me the strength to wake up the next day. Hanson’s music was the only thing to a childhood that I had, and it continues to be my saving grace. Whenever you have those moments of self-doubt, please remember how much your music means to this petite lady. I am forever in the debt of your artistry. 

JJJuliet

Lauren Leary
Wilmington, DE, US

I too can relate, as earlier this year i was diagnosed with BPD...or Borderline Personality Disorder...followed by Severe depression, adhd, anxiety and  suicidal tendencies. If any of you haven't had psychological testing done, i HIGHLY recommend it. Every single thing this woman said was 100% me. some of it i didnt even realize I did until it was presented to me. Down to the relationships (of any kind) I had kept. There are 9 symptoms of BPD, and I am like a walking textbook example of every single one haha. im just saying there  could be an underlying diagnosis that you have no idea you even have.I've found that a combination of therapy, DBT class (Dialectical behavior therapy), and the stupid amount of drugs they've got me on have really helped. A lot.

kelseydiane

Very beautifully said. Really needed this reminder. 

LouiseMusic

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Taylor, definitely something I needed to read today. 

catherineanne33

did Taylor cut his hair and shave his beard ...maybe? 

seriously, Hanson brothers are the best because they ARE true artists, blessed musicians,  & good people... we need more of this in the world! Thank You it&z!!! ... and thank your families too/ cannot wait to listen to Hanson7 :)

Danielle_Rae_21

Danielle McCambridge
West Bend, Wisconsin, US

Thank you for posting this. Life has been taking a bearing lately. Powerful words at the perfect time. 

Nortney

Dang this was exactly what I needed to hear with where I am right now. Beginning again, moving forward with hope and faith and courage. 

smmeader07

This is amazing. I love that you said this. Your music is something that means so much to so many people. Your talent being shared with the world has saved so many people, I’m one of them. Your music does something to us. It keeps us going on our hard days. I’ve fought battles and overcome them when I didn’t think I could, or would. You guys have got me though the toughest of times and I know you’ve done that for so many fans. There’s a reason you guys do what you do. There’s a reason I’m still here. Do.go.be. I love you guys

jill1990

Jill Gray
Noble, ok, US

Thank Mr.Taylor Hanson I needed this so much y’alls music has always been my go to for everything and I feel like it has grown with me and now my kiddos keep playing and writing. You guys never gave up 

andreagrl3

Inspiring words! Exactly what I needed today!

nosnahx

It's like you're speaking directly to my soul

jesicarter

Definitely needed this today

ajitzfan

Anna Jackson
Spencer, WI, US

Taylor,

Thanks for this wonderful post,  in December I will be turning 35, and I made a goal last August that by my 35th birthday I would be healthy all across the board (i.e. Physically, Emotionally, Financially, etc) and I am happy to say I am very near to accomplishing this goal. But just like some other Fansons have mentioned,  without the music/artistry of you and your brothers, plus my faith in God, I have made it through many of life's Joy's and pitfalls. So thank you for all you do, and I look forward to the Wintrymix show in Vegas and patiently await...."not!" for album 7 Hanson ATW!

CTUSA

God gave us the incredible burden of human awareness for a purpose. We haven't always respected it (we had a really rough spot at the very beginning, handling this awareness, when it came to human ego and vanity being tempted by the glamour of rebellion.) But he didn't do it without a sense of compassion. That compassion of God as translated to us in this realm, is art and music at its most honest and pure. 

And the most fascinating thing about it, is that we feel this music inside, when we look at those we love and admire so deeply. When those God has given the gift to communicate that music to us, do, it's like we already knew it was there, inside, before we heard it -- we already felt it there, in our souls. We just needed those born with the tools of deciphering the language of music inside them, to answer their calling, to realize this music for all of us to share together. 

Thank you for sharing what God has given you. And when it's been hard, particularly when it's come to dealing with fame, don't ever think he hasn't noticed how hard you've tried to handle it with grace (even when the human frailty and humility in you keeps saying "I've messed up.") He knows. The biggest trials can come looking like nothing but a blessing until you really understand them, when you really see how perfect this whole thing is and it humbles you completely. 

Understanding that, truly, will take a lifetime. But we always inherently knew this life existed for something. Our souls all being here, at the same time, is no accident. And yes, the music communicates this . "Are you listening?"

blackaryfanson

F..K, TAYLOR, FFFF! 

delete this. now i'm all emotional and teary. 

kasey5

Unions are the backbone of America, and “I Am Woman Hear Me Roar. “

My friends get it.

kmejia

Words of inspiration. You are a blessing and have been given an incredible gift. Thank you for continuing to create, inspire and be your authentic self. There is nothing greater. Cant wait to see you perform in Prior Lake, MN. 

kelbel26

Kelli Cloud
Tazewell , Tennessee, US

This was beautiful! I was already emotional and this topped it off. I needed to hear that last paragraph big time but the whole read was perfectly written and amazing! Thanks Tay! 

<< < 1 2 3 4 > >>