Public Forums | HANSON | What does Hanson’s music mean to you?

DebbieA21

Hi all, I’m pretty new here and I’ve always been amazed at how the guys wrote such incredible songs at such young ages. 

Their music has gotten me through so many tough times

It always makes me feel like someone gets it. To me Hanson’s music is about the stories each song tells. 

My favorite is I will come to you for so many reasons. I still can’t get over their talent on the MON and 3 Car Garage albums. Geez at their ages I couldn’t dream that vividly let alone write the beautiful poetry they put into music. 

To me their music grounds me, comforts me and certainly inspires me.  Thank you Isaac, Taylor and, Zac for doing what you do! 

What does their music mean to you? 

MamaB83

For me, Hanson has always been my constant, from the time I was 13 to now at almost 36. No matter where I was or what I was going through Hanson was always there for me. I lost my Dad to suicide 12 years ago. It was TOUGH. It still is. Two month to the day after losing him, I had the opportunity to meet Hanson for the first time. I'm sure I was an emotional mess, but Taylor was the first person that I ever talked to it about. Hanson is more than just a band for me. I have so much respect and admiration for them that both my boys are named after them. I'm proud of who they are, everything they represent and everything that they have accomplished. <3

sunnyday25

Arielle Marcum
Enterprise, Oregon, US

Back in 2015 my friend list her 3 month old baby and so I wrote the lyrics to write in her card to give her at the baby's service...I told all 3 of them about it and they all said they were sorry...-MamaB83...sorry for your loss...hugs to you 

sunnyday25

Arielle Marcum
Enterprise, Oregon, US

Was th you in your dreams

DebbieA21

MamaB83 I’m so sorry for your loss, and thank you for sharing your story.

I totally relate to what you are saying about the guys being so influential. 

I never met them but they all deserve more recognition for everything that they do.

IvyDarling

Ivory Walker
Toledo, OH, US

This is more a general feeling of how I feel about music...for me music has at times been an adventure, more often and escape and nearly always my way to cope with hard days. On more than one occasion music has been my saving, with Hanson one of my go to songs to lift me is I will come to you. From the first time I heard it became my favorite Hanson song and it remains so to this day. From a young age I have been battling the demons of depression and when no one else could be there it was music I turned to. Hanson's story as well as their music will always server as an inspiration to me.

taysbear

Carrie Nairn
Hagerstown , Maryland , US

For me hAnsons music has always been inspirational. From I will come to you , to weird , great divide , carry you there and I was born . Hanson are a band of resilience and perseverance. And I love them for it . I’m so greatful I wouldn’t keep going after my dreams with out it 

catbobat

Aw man, Hanson has gotten me through many hard times. After a stressful day at work, I always have their music with me to put on the stereo in the car and listen to it. By the time I get home, things don't seem as bad if that makes sense? I don't know where I'd be without Hanson, to be honest. I'm so thankful their music came into my life.

blueskyjudy

Judy Ferrante
Conklin, NY, US

@catbobat - I get that too with Hanson's music.    Sometimes it also helps me to pause, take a few minutes to breath and not think about whatever it is that has me all wound up.  After "stepping back" with Hanson for a song (or two or whole album) - I can focus on whatever the issue is with a clearer head and sometimes a new perspective. 

catbobat

Yes! Definitely helps to clear the head. Lately, I've been doing that with the latest membership EP. Really hits the spot after a hard day!

CTUSA

@MamaB83 and SunnyDay25 that's what Hanson's music means to me. We are born into and pass into music. It is everywhere around us. From the sound of our Mother's heartbeat. To the sound of the wind through dried leaves hanging from a bough. To the sound of birdsong, of ocean waves, of adrenaline pumping blood through our veins; to the sounds we can't hear with the tools we were born with but can sense and feel with the ones we were. To the speculation of the vibrations always just outside of our grasp of recognizing them and visions of the ones to come.

Some people were born with the gift to be able to translate the song of existence in ways to everyone and these guys are among the best of those someones. And to spend their lives travelling and hearing all these stories, carrying all these sorrowful tragedies and joys with them with a sense of responsibility to respect them: What a job to be entrusted with by God. To harness and tame the inherent music of our existence in order to soothe the human soul. 

FantasticForU

I like the pronouncation that they use. 

It must be difficult to hit the first letter all the time.

Try to imagine a world that had pain and Hanson said something like from 'special'. 

The world could only say thank you for your acceptance Hanson.

twoleftfeet

It's hard to narrow it down but to me, it means: youth, nostalgia, innocence, meeting my best friends, traveling, living life, daring to be out of your comfort zone, love...

7286Penny

Penny Sharp
Sydney, NSW, AU

A guaranteed smile on a tough day.

7286Penny

Penny Sharp
Sydney, NSW, AU

Like, seriously, try being sad while listening to Freakout.

roses_4_tay

oh  my god everything hansons music helps me fight my moms passing awee  she is the greatest mom ever too i wish everyone knew her tyo but never let go has helped my soul fight each day to that was my moms fav song to ever, hansons music is the most amazing sound ever yoo i cant belive how amazing there music has meant to my soul, tays soul, his heart is the music, running in my soul to his heart is each song to thank god for tays soul to hansons music each song they sing to has captured   my being too like with  you in your dreams to that song gave me new meaning my moms always with u hanson tay too, and your music shines esp save me i was born too strong enough to break too i feel free and alive with u hanson its never going away ill always be your 1 fan at each show your songs give me freedom hope to go  o on tays taking fired up the music brings me new life thank u. for 25 years of music tours fun life memories to i am strong enough to break this eating.

Morena

The Music is healing for me

<< < 1 > >>