Public Forums | HANSON | Against The World

robinbond

Each Hanson studio album recording has been so different from anything else. Their sounds are so unique. While unmistakably Hanson, there are other bands with which one can just hear a same old type production style.

I wonder what Against The World might present to us... someone has already said that Black Mesa sounds very dark (although I have a fresh understanding of what that album might represent and it's not as dark as one might think.

What kind of sound do Fansons expect might come from Against The World? If Hanson's intentions play out and we get to hear some of the music later in the year, it seems we may only have to wait three to four months, but what kind of vibe is expected from the two albums, but specifically Against The World?

I say two albums because if both are being recorded this year, I don't know how the styles will be able to vary greatly?

Personally, I'm on board for blues / rock.

eek_a_mouse

I would personally love a little more rock on Against the World.  As for Black Mesa, the title suggests an album that could venture into country territory.  If so, I’m hoping it’s more country rock (like the Eagles) or Americana (like Milwaukee musician, Trapper Schoepp).  I’m just not a fan of the newer country or country/pop songs or artists.  (That twangy stuff is just not my favorite.)  I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

CTUSA

When I heard "Black Mesa", the thrill was hard to contain. The pan state region, besides having that mysteriously reserved, stoic beauty that only plains and chaparral land can have -- with scrub shrub and dried grasses appearing to cling for dear life to any water in the land, unlike the more armored, plump cacti of outright desert regions -- is actually a place with some of the most fascinating, weird history of anywhere on Earth, from romantic tales of outlaw hide-outs/hang-outs and lava rock top piano sessions (seriously, allegedly a piano was dragged to the top of the lookout point!), deep secret government testing, UFO sightings and native lore. I've long had an interest in Hopi kachina lore and the Black Mesa region is a part of the Hopi story. 

In "Against the World", I hope they both continue bravely acknowledging the spiritual value in human vulnerability and continue their rebellion against mainstream jerk culture, where being kind is mocked by empty shell conformity, where every natural emotion is masked with hardness that never appears to hides a soft center. 

CTUSA

Tri or multi state would have been a more accurate description but I think people can pick up what I'm laying down: The Black Mesa region is quite a place with quite a history. 

CTUSA

Tri or multi state would have been a more accurate description but I think people can pick up what I'm laying down: The Black Mesa region is quite a place with quite a history. 

blueskyjudy

Judy Ferrante
Conklin, NY, US

"Us Against the World"   - the title itself sounds "BIG" and it sounds like Hanson is  - maybe - "launching" this album/their music out into the world for all to hear.   (hence the comprehensive world tour to support this new record)

Or - it could be that our guys are "digging in their heels" per se - like - Hanson has music to share & something to say and they are going to do their thing, regardless of what anyone may think of their music and how they run their business. 

And maybe it is a combination of both of these ideas  (I am leaning that way actually).   For something like this - I "hear' - flat out rock and roll music with a few acoustic pieces.     At least that is what I am thinking today. 

eek_a_mouse

"For something like this - I "hear' - flat out rock and roll music with a few acoustic pieces.     At least that is what I am thinking today."  @blueskyjudy 

They'll definitely need a few acoustic songs thrown in to recover from all that rocking on tour...  ;)  ...It will be exciting for us fans to hear new Hanson music, in any style they choose to embrace for this record.  I'm sure we all will find something to love.  They never disappoint.

<< < 1 > >>