Public Forums | HANSON | 2019 Hanson Day

Jackie101189

Jackie Fickner
Levittown, Pennsylvania, US

Have they announced when they will release information about Hanson Day?

robinbond

No, but it's probably going to be the Thursday to Sunday of the String Theory show in Tulsa. It would be kind of silly to have scheduled that String Theory show so far in advance, and have it just coincidentally coincide with what would normally be the Hanson Day weekend. 

lilzacbop

Katie Wanta
Orange, CT, US

Nope. Usually we at least know the dates by now, but more details usually come in February/March.

TheWanderer

Kaitlin Walbright
Columbus, OH, US

It will be on the calendar page / in the news / probably in the blog when it is. you wont miss it. i promise.

SarahGrindol0418

I cant wait to find out the dates! This is going to be my first year going. I am taking my hubs with me. And we dont have to worry about a hotel since my Aunt has offered us a room at her place!!! 

LuvHennessy

I am super excited to get dates for Hanson Day! This will hopefully be my first year attending hday. I have some questions though if anyone would be so kind to answer. 

1) I'm planning on bringing my daughter, she's 13, does she need to have her on membership or can I bring a guest? Hanson came to Oktoberfest in Altoona Iowa, 21+event obviously, and my daughter was so upset she couldn't go. So we are trying to plan for Hday.

2) because she's 13, will she be able to attend all the events or are there she limits? Side from hop jam side of things.

3) she has Cerebral Palsy and uses a wheelchair and Walker for mobility. Would anyone know how accessible things are?

Thank you to anyone who responds.

hfreezerburn712

Holly Frees
Nashville, TN, US

Yay for getting to go for the first time! I'm 99% sure that your daughter can go at 13, but yes, she'll need her own membership.

You mentioned Hop Jam and yeah obviously you have to be 21+ to drink, but the beer section has always been separate, and the music side is all-ages and there has been a separate kids area, too, with face painting and what not. (Although who knows if that will all be the same for 2019.)

There have definitely been other fans in wheelchairs (and other fans with CP) who have attended, but I'll let one of them tell you first hand how accessible it is ha.

lilzacbop

Katie Wanta
Orange, CT, US

I have CP and have attended, I'm not in a wheelchair but I do use a cane.  The only thing I can think of offhand that I have had trouble with is getting into the pop up shop, it's a pretty high step up into the building and usually I need a hand from a friend there.  Otherwise pretty much everything has a ramp at an entrance somewhere or it is street level that I can think of off the top of my head right now.

LuvHennessy

Thanks hfreezerburn and lilzacbop for the feedback!

lilzacbop

Katie Wanta
Orange, CT, US

If there's anything specific you want more info about from a CP standpoint, feel free to PM me and I will help as best I can :)

taysbear

Carrie Nairn
Hagerstown , Maryland , US

LuvHennessy

I am super excited to get dates for Hanson Day! This will hopefully be my first year attending hday. I have some questions though if anyone would be so kind to answer. 

1) I'm planning on bringing my daughter, she's 13, does she need to have her on membership or can I bring a guest? Hanson came to Oktoberfest in Altoona Iowa, 21+event obviously, and my daughter was so upset she couldn't go. So we are trying to plan for Hday.

2) because she's 13, will she be able to attend all the events or are there she limits? Side from hop jam side of things.

3) she has Cerebral Palsy and uses a wheelchair and Walker for mobility. Would anyone know how accessible things are?

Hennessy, 

i'm a Fellow fan with CP and have so far been very lucky Hanson and  the  team have  no problem with   it . if you want accommodations  though,  make sure  you ask  ahead . you can Email Leigh Carpenter  ( their  media website manager ) still I think at leigh@hanson.net  or ask around . Die hard fans can help  you  out . you need a membership for her to attend Hanson day yes . My mom takes me to Back to  the Island and even though  she doesn't attend any concerts , she  has to be member  to take me . 

Have a great time . 

Carrie  

taysbear

Carrie Nairn
Hagerstown , Maryland , US

LuvHennessy

I also use a walker and we just work around  it . 

HansonConvert83

Charlie Freed
Brooklyn, Ohio, US

Ok so this hanson day 2019 will be my wife and my first hanson day ever!!! Any advice or have to do in Tulsa. Obviously the Hanson wall and their studio. Also duh hanson day events and hops jam.  Besides the basics what would anyone advise to do see and tips

lilzacbop

Katie Wanta
Orange, CT, US

I have found that I really don't have a lot of time to sight see during Hanson Day weekend since there seems to be so many activities jam packed into the weekend and so many friends to catch up with!  But I do like to try and go to The Center of the Universe, go see the Golden Driller statue (if I have access to a car) and on a business trip this summer we went to see the Blue Whale of Catoosa on Route 66.  Hanson usually put out a guide which will include restaurants and other things that they recommend as well.

jlove1984

Jaquaida Kinney
Tampa, Florida, US

Honestly I really want to go to hanson day one year but I am not gonna lie I am afraid to go since I have CP and I don't use a walker or wheel chair. Is everything outside at hanson day? I have went to Disney one day and I rented a wheel chair there. I had lots of fun.

jlove1984

Jaquaida Kinney
Tampa, Florida, US

When I fall I fall hard and I bleed on my hand... Oh I hate having CP so bad.

jlove1984

Jaquaida Kinney
Tampa, Florida, US

Do they have a disabled line at hanson day? I knew they had a disabled line in 2011 at st pete - like the avenue did so convient.

lilzacbop

Katie Wanta
Orange, CT, US

Usually they do, yes. If you let them know at check in your are disabled they let you know the info you need.

jlove1984

Jaquaida Kinney
Tampa, Florida, US

thanks

SATOMI

I'm goiog to join in Hday for the first time 2019.

I'm looking forward to see fansons! 

Tell me what time to be numberd on hands by Hday staffs in the morning of Story Tellers performance and members only concerts?

entangledhere

Does anyone need a Hop Jam plus VIP Music ticket? I got one before I realized I have to be at the airport at 4pm, wahhhh!

<< < 1 > >>